Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Word on Ratings

I decided, just a moment ago, that I'm going to start including ratings in my reviews. Originally, I didn't want to do this because I feel that assigning a numerical value to show how good something is is arbitrary and generally innacurate. Especially when a perfect score can be given to a game which is not perfect. Good, but not perfect. There are two things listed under "The Bad", and neither of those things is "So bad, it's good". So it's not perfect. But 10/10 is. And that's just damn confusing.

But I digress.

The rating system I'm going to include will be as follows:

1/3 - Don't watch it.
2/3 - Watch it... eventually. Don't go out of your way, but if you've got nothing better to do or it's on television, go for it.
3/3 - Watch it. Watch it now. Drop what you're doing and go. Seriously.

I'm going to go back and tack one of these on to the end of my earlier reviews. Basically, this is just to clarify my final word at the end of the reviews. A simple number to tell you whether you should watch it or not.

Also, it makes it seem more like a real review when you assign an arbitrary number to it.

No comments: